The holiday’s are almost among us! Along with looking at Pinterest recipe ideas and planning trips to see loved ones, we are all putting in extra hours at the office to afford all the gifts and time off that comes along with this time of the year. The 4th quarter of every year we are usually strapped for time more than anything else. So why would someone want to embark on such a time draining activity like selling their home? For starters, our market report is showing low inventory and this inventory will continue to decline as the year plays out. This will provide seriously low inventory while the only shoppers in the market will be…serious buyers!
Now if you all listened to me, this wouldn’t be the greatest time of the year to sell your home. For those of you who do indeed decide this is the time for you, shall reap the benefits of a market filled with serious buyers and seriously low inventory. The market is still favoring sellers and inventory will be increasingly dropping until the end of 2015. Keller Williams gathered 11 reasons why the it may be the best time to sell your home during the holidays!
Why Sell Your Home During The Holidays?
- People who look for a home during the Holidays are more serious buyers!
- Serious buyers have fewer houses to choose from during the Holidays and less competition means more money for you!
- Since the supply of listings will dramatically increase in January, there will be less demand for your particular home! Less demand means less money for you!
- Houses show better when decorated for the Holidays!
- Buyers are more emotional during the Holidays, so they are more likely to pay your price!
- Buyers have more time to look for a home during the Holidays than they do during a working week!
- Some people must buy before the end of the year for tax reasons!
- January is traditionally the month for employees to begin new jobs. Since transferees cannot wait until Spring to buy, you must be on the market now to capture that market!
- You can still be on the market, but you have the option to restrict showings during the six or seven days during the Holidays!
- You can sell now for more money and we will provide for a delayed closing or extended occupancy until early next year!
- By selling now, you may have an opportunity to be a non-contingent buyer during the Spring, when many more houses are on the market for less money! This will allow you to sell high and buy low!
As always the Real Estate Solutions Group is always available to help you with your real estate needs. We have personal in Marysville and Seattle Washington but can help sell your home anywhere in the greater Seattle area! Our team can create the least amount of hassle while connecting your property to serious buyers in the best time frame, have a happy holidays!